Academy Advisory Groups (AAG)
Governance of the Trust
Chulmleigh Academy Trust is governed by the Board of Directors.
Why have Academy Advisory Groups?
To maintain the local distinctiveness of each of the Trust’s schools, the Board of Directors has established an Academy Advisory Group at each of its schools.
The group at each school exists in an advisory capacity and contributes to the information flow between the school and the Board of Directors.
Who is on an Academy Advisory Group?
The Advisory Group at each school consists of:
- The Head of School
- Two Parent Advisers
- A Director of the Trust
What is the Function of the Academy Advisory Group?
The Group has a key function in supporting the school, and influencing and shaping decisions that affect the school.
Each Academy Advisory Group has the following responsibility:
- Promote the vision and values of the Trust
- Support Ethos, Behaviour and Safeguarding
- Consider the school environment, including safety and facilities provision
- Consider parent and staff liaison and relations
- Contribute to knowledge about strengths of the school and improvement priorities
- Act as consultees in relation to strategic developments affecting the school
- Receive information from the Board of Directors relevant to the specific school
The Board of Directors may also ask the Academy Advisory Group to respond to questions and requests for the perspectives of the AAG on specific issues.
What is the commitment for Parent Advisers?
Academy Advisory Groups meet once a term, remotely, on Microsoft TEAMS, for approximately one hour during the day.
How are the meetings organised?
The link Director to the school will chair the Academy Advisory Group meetings.
The three meeting dates and times will be scheduled annually by the Board of Directors, appreciating that there may be a need to reorganise meetings from time-to time.
The clerk to the Directors will circulate agendas and take and circulate minutes.
When the minutes have been approved, they will be forwarded to the rest of the Board of Directors.
East Worlington Primary School AAG